Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have vast experience with configuring & repairing and utilizing software.Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Can I register and install a McAfee product with just one

Customer Question

Can I register and install a McAfee product with just one e-mail address?
Category: Software
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Do you mean can you install the same mcafee product on multiple computers, with just one email address? If so, then that depends on the plan you have. Normally mcafee allows 3 installs.. But it could be more or less depending on the exact service / plan you paid for.

If you are eligible to install on multiple devices, then you do not need multiple email addresses. You can use your one email address / mcafee account to install on as many devices as your subscription will allow.

I hope that answers your question, and if you get stuck or need further assistance you are welcome to reply.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you very much for your explanation. When I saw the year "2011" I realised that a lot of changes have occurred for me. For instance, back then my email address was***@******.*** but that internet service closed down a long time ago. The Group is still active and I use their address as my home-page. What I am trying to do is join McAfee's Internet service but there is a problem. My first experience with McAfee's internet service was when I had my previous laptop, a Dell XPSM 1530 which came to me pre-installed with Windows Vista Home Premium (SP1 32bit). It died after a number of years and I replaced it with this one, a Dell Vostro 2520 originally running Windows 7 Professional, but now (thanks to a program called WipeDrive 7, plus the fact that the Resource DVD supplied with it gives you three options - Windows 7, 8 or "all". I did need to get a new reinstallation disk (OEM) and I must have got the very last such disc that Buytec had in stock, because, when I had a look at Buytec's site the next day, it had vanished. I knew there was something unique about it because a "download" does not include the words "in stock".
There is an important difference witth this laptop and that is it is a 64bit computer. I'm trying to find a version of McAfee Total Security which is compatible with my 64bit laptop. If you know where to look, please can you let me know. Ah, yes, and it must be still "active" (Ive had a nasty expeerience where a Norton Internet Security disc which claimed to be Vista-compatible had passed its use-by date.
I've loved Windows Vista Home Premium ever since we "met" on that Dell XPS 1530, and the fact the downgrade to make this one compatible with Vista (thanks to that third option "all") works so well means I continue what I enjoy. All I ask, now, is where to find a compatible version (64bit) of McAfee Total Security which won't have expired by thee time it reaches me.
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

Things with mcafee work a bit differently nowadays.. And your welcome to use an en tirely different email address since you no longer have access to the old one.

For instance, if you purchase this version of mcafee total security, http://amzn.to/29oldRK You can install it on unlimited devices. As many computers, macs, iphones or android phones that you want. ( but I suggest installing it on your vista machine first so you can setup the new account )

Once you purchase , you will receive a online code you can use.. On the page that gives you the online code, it will show you a download link. Mcafee downloads in 64 bit, as the vast majority of machines are now 64 bit.

If you encounter any issues downloading or installing mcafee on your vista machine, let me know. If needed I can guide you through the install or I can connect to your machine from here, and install it for you.

Dustin S.