Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have vast experience with configuring & repairing and utilizing software.Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

I tried to import photos from myiphone to my apple computer

Customer Question

I tried to import photos from myiphone to my apple computer but it was like 900 photos
and i think it jammed they never imported and so i disconnected the phone but cannot
close i photo it says "photos being imported please wait" but that was yesterday!
how do I close it to start over?
Thank you
Category: Software
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

we may have some repairs to do. But heres what we need to do.. Force shut down your mac. Once shut down, start it again.

Now, run this repair

Open your finder ( magnifying glass ) type in disk utility, and launch the disk utility application.

On the left side of the disk utility window, click your mac hd, then at the lower right hand side, click repair permissions .

Once it says permissions repair complete.. Launch Iphoto.. Will it open normally? If not, let me know so we can run a repair on iphoto specifically.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
DUSTIN, I have thousands of photos on my iPhoto! Will this risk me losing them?
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

This wont risk you losing them. Worst case scenario ( and we may have to do this anyways considering it failed during the import)

We may have to repair your iphoto library file, but we wont know that till after we complete the above repair steps.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
is this a total charge of $39 or instead of $28 it's not $39 total?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I think I'll pass on the whole thing.
Please keep the $5.00 deposit but do not charge the $28 since services were not done
Thank you
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

The fee for secure remote assistance would be in addition to the initial fee. *( they are priced separately to keep the cost of written support as low as possible for those who dont want or need remote support )*

I did try to accept your secure remote connection request, but it said payment failed on this end. This can sometimes happen if your bank or credit card blocks the payment and a quick call usually clears that up.

With that being said, I just seen your refund request, and Im not sure what you mean by services not being done.

I did send you some initial repair steps, and Ive told you the entire process of how to repair the issue.

restart, repair permissions, and then we may need to repair the iphoto library as well. So you have received answers that are specific to your situation, as you requested.

Please clarify.

Dustin S