Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

Want to re-install windows 7 ult on my computer but the disk

Customer Question

want to re-install windows 7 ult on my computer but the disk won't play or says no disk in play or unsupported whatever i want to re-install how can i do this i really dislike windows 10 it took al my pictures my music EVERYTHING OFF WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH THIS COMPLETELYCRAZY
Category: Software
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

Hi Nancy my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with Windows 10 and want to revert back to windows 7.

Let me know if you have upgraded to Windows 10 using the updates on Windows 7 or have you installed using a disk.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i did not i sent my computer out for repair and they did it w/o even consulting me then gave it back when i could not go back over 3 months to get it back
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i have my windows 7 ult disk but it won't play now i had to download a different media player just to play video's i could play b4 im really upset they did thid and then kept my computer past the date where i could revert
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
hello
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
are you there?
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

Click to open the Start menu and select Settings. Click the “Update & security” icon and select “Recovery.” You should see a “Go back to Windows 7” option. Click the Getstarted button to get rid of your Windows 10 install and restore your previous Windows

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It has been deleted from the .old files because they kept it too long
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I tried that anyway no dice I have the installation CD why can't it play that and do the install
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

ok in that case you will need a full Windows 7 operating system disk which you need to check and confirm its a bootable disk.

You can only boot fromt the cd/dvd drive if the disk is bootable.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
How do I see if its bootable
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Did u get that msg
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
how do i see if the disk is bootable
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
hello?
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

you have to try the disk on a working comuter.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it is a working computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

once you inset the disk the disk must autostart and come up with the windows install screen and if not then its not a bootable disk

Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

cd/dvd drive must be good as well.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i had to download a completely different video player VLC just to play my regular cd dvd's but it won't play that one
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

OS cd cannot be played in VLC player as it is an os data file which cannot be read by VLC player.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the drive is good just the microsoft player sucks they want you to buy things to make it work
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

let the disk be in the drive restart the computer and as soon as you see the initial logo screen keep tapping on the F12 key which is a one time boot menu.

use the arrow key to select cd/dvd and hit enter then hit enter again to boot from the disk follow the sequence to boot if the disk is full bootable then it will definitely bootup

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i have a usb flash drive can i intall windows using that i would copy the files from my laptop which is running 7 insert in desktook put cd in drive turn it off restart and see if it boots
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok i will i am leaving my phone connected to you so i won't lose the connection while i try ok?
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

you cannot copy an operating system on a disk or usb drive as they are encrypted and are in a compact form which gets extracted during installing windows os.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
you knw they make it next to impossible to access net bios with with win 10
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

you will have to buy a full os disk

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i will try the 1st option then if i have to i get another copy from microsoft but will t work dont want the same problem
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
how can i get in touch if i need to again
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
How can I get in touch with you if I need to
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

To get back to this screen you can login to your email open justanswer email and click on view my answer button the chat will reopen.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok thank u
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

have a good day.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
U too
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

Thank you.