Joseph Varner
Joseph Varner,
Experience:  Enterprise Support Specialist at Arthur J Gallagher
94318210

I wrote you earlier about my password problem and you gave

Customer Question

Hi , I wrote you earlier about my password ***** and you gave me a few things to try . I did everything you said and nothing worked. I don't know anything else to try except the factory reset . so do you think you can help me do that?
Category: Software
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

I am attaching a video link you can see how to lift open the front cover and the ink carriage head will be aligned at the center of the carriage rail then you can remove the ink cartridges one by one to replace it.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What the heck ????????????please read my question
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My. Computerhas no ink carraige
Expert:  Joseph Varner replied 5 months ago.

Yours was the Gateway LT20, correct? and I apologize for the other tech - likely just posted the information in the wrong ticket - it does happen time to time when we have multiple tickets open.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
If I could do the remote thing I would really think about it but this password ***** won't let me do much of anything so do you think you could just hook me up with the factory reset please
Expert:  Joseph Varner replied 4 months ago.

Reboot your computer and press .Alt + F10 as soon as the Gateway or Acer logo appears. You may need to press the keys a couple times in order for them to register. This will load the Recovery Manager.

• If prompted by the Windows Boot menu, press Enter.

Select "Restore Operating System to Factory Defaults". You will be asked several times to confirm that you want to proceed. Starting the restore will erase all of the data on the disk and then reinstall Windows and the programs that came with your laptop. The restore process can take up to an hour to complete.

• There's an option to keep user data and restore the computer, but this is not recommended on the chance that some of that data is what's causing the computer to not work properly.

Create your account and start using your computer. Once the restore process is complete, the laptop will act as if it has been turned on for the first time after you purchased it. You will be prompted to create a Windows account and configure your personal settings.