Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I opened a template online, enabled editing and typed a

Customer Question

I opened a template online, enabled editing and typed a document I saved it repeatedly and retitled it. Now it is only showing me the original template.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: just happened
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: trying to find the darn thing.
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Software
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 6 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you know where, which folder, you saved it to?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have windows 10. Cannot find the folder.
prefer not to do remote.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hello?

I'm sorry; it took me some time to write all of this. With remote support, you can see everything I do on the screen, and we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403/

Remote support is quicker and easier for you as I will do all the troubleshooting steps for you, and this issue can be complicated. Otherwise, I can provide written instructions.

Usually, when you want to edit / save a document online, you need to save it to a folder you want on the computer first (you don't open it first, you need to save where you want first.) Have you tried searching for the document name on your computer?

Please let me know your option; we guarantee our service. Thank you,

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no, please provide written instructions.

Have you tried searching for the document name on your computer? If that does not work, I'm sorry, since you did not save to a folder, it's very complicated in explaining on how to troubleshoot this issue, i.e., you would need to go through all the system locations in order search for the missing document. It's a lot easier and quicker for me to do it remotely for you. Otherwise, I will open this issue to other experts. Thank you,

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I did find it in a folder, but I cannot find it again.

I'm sorry; I usually can search for it remotely, but let me open this issue to other experts. Please do not wait; you will get an email when there is a response from another expert. Thank you,

Expert:  Mr. PC Wizard replied 6 months ago.

Hello, what kind of document is it or where did you get it from?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok, so I hit reply to your inquiry instead of using this box. Basically, the problem is irrelevant now, and I don't want or need help anymore. I feel like I wasted my money and that this site tricks you into paying more and more to get help. No reply necessary.