Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I have uninstalled/deactivated CS4 Master Suite from my old

Customer Question

I have uninstalled/deactivated CS4 Master Suite from my old computer and installed it on a new computer. I cannot register or activate as the new computer is stuck on a page headed
Help/Learn Photoshop/get help. A Photoshop page is open but frozen/stuck. It cannot be turned off. Nothing else will work on the computer either. I have to go to another computer to write this note.
How can I reactivate Adobe Master Suite and my computer?
Category: Software
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 5 months ago.

Hi Welcome to JustAnswer

Welcome Screen is frozen

The Welcome Screen could appear to be frozen, but is actually taking a long time to display. See the sections below to determine if it is frozen or not.

If the Welcome Screen is frozen, try these solutions:

Solution 1: Clear your recent files.

If the Welcome Screen is frozen, try closing the Welcome Screen. If you can close it and keep working in Photoshop, it could be that a file you recently opened contains characters that can cause this issue to occur. Choose File > Open Recent > Clear Recent File List to remove this data from Photoshop's history.

Solution 2: Update or disable your virus protection software.

An old or damaged version of virus protection software can prevent the Welcome Screen from displaying. Temporarily disable your virus protection software, and see if the Welcome Screen opens normally. If it does, reinstall or update your virus protection software.