flopcat98, Consultant
Experience:  Consultant 30 years in nyc computer industry working with PC and networks banks brokerage legal etc.

How can extract photos from iWeb?

Customer Question

How can extract photos from iWeb?
Category: Software
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

I have a couple of suggestions for you. One of them should work regardless of your MAc OSx version and iWeb version.

Method 1

Locate the domain file iWeb uses to store its assets :

Home directory > Library > Application Support > iWeb

Right-click that file and choose "show package content" from the menu.

You'll find the ORIGINAL images in the folder that opens.

Publish your site to a local folder

Open the individual folders to get the images,

Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Please give these methods a try and let me know how it works out for you. If neither of these methods works, please reply with the version of OSx on your MAC (From the Apple menu, choose About This Mac. Your version of OS X appears directly below “OS X) and the version of iWeb that you are using so I can provide detailed instructions for your particular system. If you need clarification on any of the steps or have additional questions I am happy to assist. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved.

When your problem has been resolved, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it!. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have previously tried both methods you suggested. Neither one allows me to copy or save photos.
I am using OS X 10.11.5 The iWeb is version 3.0.4 (601)
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

If you have published a copy of the site to a local folder on your computer, then all of the files that comprise the website will be there, including the image files. If you'd like, I can do this for you while you watch via the Premium Service of Secure Remote Assistance. This is completely optional. If you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and work on the issue for you. If you do not choose to take this service, but need more help, we can continue here. Just give me a few moments please to type up specific instructions for your system.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

My most sincere apologies. I just realized that the publish to local server option is not available in version 3.0.4.I will opt out to see if someone else can help.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks you for trying
Expert:  flopcat98 replied 3 months ago.

do you need the original photo or just a copy of it?

if you can see the photo on the site you can just right click on it and select save ( at least you can from a pc it might be a slightly different command on the mac like command click )

or you can always take a screen shot of it and crop if necessary

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
That does not work. And to take screen shots of over 500 photos is too much work.