Martin, Network Engineer
Experience:  10+ Years Experience CCNA Network Engineer A+ Net+ Linux & Windows OS C++ Programming.
74139101

Upgraded to windows 10 (hopefully windows 10 pro. Get

Customer Question

upgraded to windows 10 (hopefully windows 10 pro. Get encrypted sign in and then windows logo and then blue screen with... circling in middle of screen. Screen is also flashing and second screen says it is not connected
Category: Software
Expert:  Jess M. replied 5 months ago.

Hi Leslie, thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you today.

Are you prompted to sign in? Or there is no input screen?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No sign in
Expert:  Jess M. replied 5 months ago.

So now when you turn ON the computer, what happens? At what screen it is stuck now?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Blue screen with dots in middle circling and screen flashing
Expert:  Jess M. replied 5 months ago.

So even if you turn it off, then next time you turn it on, it will go back to that screen?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Martin replied 5 months ago.

Hello Leslie,

You will need to create a boot disc using the media disc creator which is a tool provided by Microsoft, from another computer so you can run the Reset option properly and have the operating system repaired (keeping your files intact).

You can download it from here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/

Scroll down to the bottom and click on "Download tool now".

As mentioned above, you will need to do this from another computer.

Select the option to "create installation media for another PC".

Then choose the ISO option (so you can burn it to a DVD).

There's an alternate option if you'd prefer to load the tool on a USB drive as well. Just make sure it is at least 8GB in size.

If you have any doubts or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you could take a moment to click on one of the green stars at the top to rate me for my time, it would be greatly appreciated!

Remember you can continue replying to me until you've got all the information you need.

Regards,