Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years

Although I am well conversant in Photoshop, I 't know how to

Customer Question

Although I am well conversant in Photoshop, I don’t know how to do the following.Imagine you have a photograph, a tif, of a table with a blue table cloth on it. And what the photo shows is the table cloth looking straight down on it from the ceiling. So it’s really just a photo of a blue field.Imagine that you also have a photo of a face card from an ordinary deck of playing cards. This photo, taken straight on of the card, has been cropped so that the card fills the entire frame.I know how to open the table tif in PS, and how to open the card tif in PS, and place the card tif on top of the table tif, and then move it around with the arrow-case tool. So far, so good.But what I need to do is put distorting perspective on the card tif, so that it appears to be viewed at a slight angle while it’s resting on the table.I know how to distort the card tif: Select the entire image, then edit/ transform/ perspective; then grab an upper corner and pull inward. The problem is, that produces a perfectly square rectangle containing the card in perspective AND, in addition, triangles of black where the card used to be.I need to clip this image so that the black triangles completely disappear, and so that I have a trapezoid-shaped card. And I need to be able to slide that that shape around on the table tif.Is all of this clear?Beyond that, I need to be able to consult your typed answer for as long as I need to, after our conversation is over, without it disappearing from my screen. That’s an absolute requirement.
Category: Software
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 3 months ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

As you know, you need to select the card layer and use Trasform > Distort to transform the view of the card as you wish. After obtaining the desired view press Enter key or Double click inside the transform box to apply the Transform. If you still have the bounding box around the card, uncheck Show/Hide Bounding box on the options bar.