Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years

I have been using Word Perfect 5.1 which is now out of date.

Customer Question

I have been using for years Word Perfect 5.1 which is now out of date. Could you transfer my files in WP 5.1 to a newer version? If so, where should I mail the diskettes with the old material? Richard Pipes PS. Please answer to***@******.***.
Category: Software
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

This is something I could connect to your computer and quickly do for you.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Also, would you like me to connect to your computer from here and work on the issue directly on screen? If so we can set this up via a secure remote assistance session. That session is guaranteed meaning if I cant help you then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees.

Otherwise, I can try and assist you via written support alone. Let me know how you'd like to begin.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.