Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  10+ years of work experience.

I have been using a Zune30GB last 10 years at work. It

Customer Question

Hello, I have been using a Zune30GB for the last 10 years at work. It finally gave out and I purchased a used/newer Zune on Ebay. It is like new but, I am afraid maybe it is too new. It was never updated and I can't get my Zune software to get it started up. I keep getting an Update Error. Error Code C00D133C (80190194) and under that it says YOUR DEVICE WASN'T UPDATED. I have tried to look online but, all I see is MSN has shut down all sites regarding the Zune. There has to be away for me to get it up and running. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Craig
Category: Software
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 4 months ago.

Hi Craig! Since Microsoft officially retired Zune services last fall, they no longer provide the firmware update files you need to get this device working. Luckily, Zune had/has a pretty staunch fan base...and the files have been unofficially archived. :-)

The file you'll need depends on whether you are running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows.

32-bit version:

64-bit version:

Download the appropriate file above and use it to update your Zune. Afterward, it should work for you!

Would you please check back in after you've given this a go just to let us know whether it worked for you? Thanks so much!

Hi Craig -- any luck with those firmware updates I posted?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I tried both links and still having the same problem. I am still using the Zune software from my Zune that gave out. It has all the updates already. The newer Zune won't sync to my software. I tried both of your links. The 64 bit link searches for updates then comes back and says I already have the latest updates. Nothing happens when I click the other link.
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 4 months ago.

I will be the person helping you today.

I can help you in one of two ways:
1) We will communicate back and forth on this page.
2) Remote support, which would allow me to take a look at the problem and fix it for you while you watch.

In my experiences, remote support saves a lot of time for everybody and is safer because if instructions are not followed correctly, it may make the problem worse or create a new problem.

As a side note, both options are covered by a 100% guarantee and fully refundable, if we are not able to fix your problem.

If you wish to choose the first option, please let me know so we can begin. If you wish to choose the second, better option, then click the Accept this Offer button for Secure Remote Assistance.

Thank you,