Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

Can't uninstall and reinstall symantic to correct message

Customer Question

can't uninstall and reinstall symantic to correct message that my firewall is not on
Category: Software
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 5 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Does it let you turn on Firewall?

Is it Windows Firewall or Symantec Firewall?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Expert:  Martin replied 5 months ago.

Hello Michele and welcome.

What you can try is to use the tool provided by Symantec to remote/reinstall Norton the proper way.

Here's the link for it:

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v60392881_EndUserProfile_en_us

If you have any doubts or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you could take a moment to click on one of the green stars at the top to rate me for my time, it would be greatly appreciated!

Remember you can continue replying to me until you've got all the information you need.

Regards,

Please try the following:

Solution #1:

- Press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the keyboard, then type services.msc then click OK. Then there, double-click on the item Windows Firewall in order to open it. Then make sure the Startup type is set to Automatic. Then click on Apply button at bottom. Then click on Start button. Then click on OK, and check.

; Note: If there issue issue starting the Windows Firewall service when doing the above steps, please let me know any error or message.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, open Control Panel. (Then open System and Security if available.) Then open Windows Firewall. Then click on option Turn Windows Firewall on or off if available. Then turn on Windows Firewall there, then click OK at bottom.

; Or press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the keyboard, then type firewall.cpl then click OK, then turn on Windows Firewall there, and click OK.

Solution #3:

- If it still does not work, please press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the keyboard, then type rstrui then click OK, then the System Restore window should open. Then click on Next, and restore the computer to any date before this issue first occurred, and check.

- If there is still any issue, please let me know all the questions in my previous reply above at this web page.

When you are available, please reply back to continue. Thank you.