Kevin T
Kevin T, IT Manager
Experience:  IT Manager at Wood Group PSN
94743361

I have an Apple computer, and about 200,000 photos on an

Customer Question

I have an Apple computer, and about 200,000 photos on an external hard drive. I used to be able (with a pc) to click open in Adobe elements and find the folder of photos I wanted to work on, but with the new Adobe
Elements, I am not able to do so. Can you please help.
Category: Software
Expert:  Justin Williams replied 5 months ago.

Can you tell me what's happening now when you click open? You just don't see the drive anymore?

My name is ***** ***** a Mac expert here on JustAnswer. I will certainly be able to assist you with this, but I just need more info. Thank you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

First in photoshop elements I click on file, then open. Then it reveals the external hard drive with the folder with the photographs. When I click on

that it says:

"cannot complete your request because photoshop elements does not recognize this type of file"

Thank you for that. I would need to connect to your computer to figure out exactly what's going on. Please review my offer for service and decide if you'd like to take that route.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Justin:

You have got to be kidding. This website for help is absurd. Not trying to be harsh, but I basically paid $18 to find out that you cannot help me unless i pay $30 more to get to the next step. I cannot believe the

FTC, Better Business Bureau, Justice Department, etc. aren't checking out JustAnswer.

I apologize, but I just wasn't able to help you with the limited info you provided. Usually that error message comes up when clicking on an unsupported file type, but you claim it is happening when you click on a folder. I needed to be able to connect in order to figure out exactly what was going on. I'm sorry that it offended you, I have submitted your question for a refund.

Expert:  Kevin T replied 5 months ago.

I think your drive is formatted with a Windows file system (NTFS) and your apple device sees it as a device but not a hard drive for this reason

Can you open the drive OK in finder?