Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience:  I am a technology professional with 18 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).
93256567

I renewed my kaspersky years. It says it has a virus. using

Customer Question

i renewed my kaspersky for 2 years. It says it has a virus. using the virus removal tool does not work am i protected or not
Category: Software
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 5 months ago.

Hi John! If Kaspersky is detecting a virus but is unable to remove it, you are not protected. This symptom could signify that your antivirus software has been compromised, or that the virus is low-level (a rootkit or some such) and can't be automatically removed.

May I ask what virus is being detected? Knowing that, I may be able to walk you through manually removing it and then fixing Kaspersky.

Thanks...I look forward to hearing back from you!

Hi John! It's been awhile since we chatted, so I wanted to touch base and make sure your antivirus issue has been resolved? Would you please let me know?

Thanks...I look forward to hearing back from you.