Jason Fenoglio
Jason Fenoglio, Sr. Systems Engineer
Experience:  Sr. Systems Engineer
94203781

Please see attachment, we turned on the computer this

Customer Question

Hello,Please see attachment, we turned on the computer this morning and got this message, what does it mean? Thanks. We are running Windows 10 on a desktop using Chrome/Google Browser.
Category: Software
Expert:  Jason Fenoglio replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can assist. The error that you are receiving is from the Brother Scanner Monitor utility. Do you have a Brother Scanner or Printer with a scanner built in?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We do have a Brothers Scanner but it is disconnected, it was disconnected yesterday. Why would we get an error today, we've been on the computer several times since it was disconnected.

It's the software the interacts with the Brother Scanner that seems to be broken. Are you still planning to use the scanner?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
at some point we will

We'll probably need to update the software then so it can be repaired. It's always good to stay with the latest updates as well. What is the model of your Brother Scanner?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't know it's not here, I'll do it when it comes back

Sounds good. Let me know when you are ready.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I tried to rate you but it's not working

I'm sorry. I was not on this morning. We haven't really started yet. We'll need to verify the model of the scanner and ensure that you have the latest drivers on the PC. Can you tell what the model of the scanner is?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is a Brothers ADS 2000

Ok. Click on the link below to download the Windows 10 64-bit software and install it. This will ensure you have the most up to date software. You'll want to unplug the Scanner while it is installing and the plug it back in once it's done.

http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadend.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=ads2000_us&os=10013&dlid=dlf004844_000&flang=8&type3=11