arsufi2002, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  More than 3 years of experience in the field of Information Technology

My P Touch Brother label maker stopped working. I downloaded

Customer Question

My P Touch Brother label maker stopped working. I downloaded the drivers for it, since that was in the troubleshooting suggestions, and then it printed. But when I closed the folder with the drivers and other files downloaded, it stopped working, stating that I needed to install the drivers. The .exe folder unzipped, but I don't see where the unzipped folders are on the desktop where they are supposed to be. Can someone remote access my computer to do this for me?
Category: Software
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Is the computer you are trying to get the label maker working with, a Windows PC, or an Apple computer?

When you 'closed' the folder with the driver download, did you by any chance delete it?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It's a PC, Win 7. I didn't see anything get deleted.

It may be that, instead of Decompressing or Un-Zipping the contents of a ZIP file, you simply double-clicked on the Zip file and opened a 'view' of it. That means, if you closed the 'View' after installing from it, then you get not driver file for the computer to work with! because it's still in ZIP format, unusable in a ZIP file again.

So this time, COPY the contents of the ZIP file - or Un-Zip it into a permanently stored full-size format of files in a folder.

Then install the label printer from that.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can't locate the unzipped files on the desktop. Where might they be?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I wanted someone to remote access my computer, so I'll try asking the question again. Thanks.

That's OK! I'll Opt Out, and you can put in a Remote Service request, without opening another question.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you very much.
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** of the expert in computer category. I wish to work on your issue and will be your next active expert.

I will start a remote session. Please accept below service and install secure remote tool on your computer

1: Click Above link

2: Click "I Agree"

3: Click "Download"

Double click file after download

Let me know when you have done this