Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Computers, Mobile devices and Networks
32989067

I can open this zip file which contains .jpg files on my

Customer Question

I can open this zip file which contains .jpg files on my wife's computer using Windows Photo Viewer but I can't on mine. We both have Window 7 operating system and Microsoft Office. I get this error message: Windows Photo Viewer can't open this picture because either the picture is deleted or it's in a location that isn't available. Can you help?
JA: You'd be surprised how many people have questions about an operating system. Fortunately, the technicians we work with know tech inside and out, and it would be my pleasure to connect you with one right away. Have you tried to troubleshoot?
Customer: I can open this zip file which contains .jpg files on my wife's computer using Windows Photo Viewer but I can't on mine. We both have Window 7 operating system and Microsoft Office. I get this error message: Windows Photo Viewer can't open this picture because either the picture is deleted or it's in a location that isn't available. Can you help?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Software Technician should know?
Customer: I am not using windows XP. I am using Windows 7
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Software Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you right click on the Zip file and choose Extract Files to here

It will then extract the Jpg files in it.

Then try to open them

Let me know the results please.