Shefin, Software Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

I recently bought an Acer laptop model: E5-511P-C6US. It was

Customer Question

I recently bought an Acer laptop model: E5-511P-C6US.
It was running Windows 8 which does not work for my purposes, so I formatted the drive and installed Windows 7 Ultimate. My problem now is that I can't find drivers for this PC & Win 7. Mainly I need a LAN driver so that I can at least search the internet for the others. All that are offered in Acer's website are Win 8 and 10.
I have another PC here that I can download a driver then transfer it to the laptop with a thumb drive or CD etc.
Do you have any suggestions where I can download a suitable driver ?
Category: Software
Expert:  Shefin replied 5 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

I would suggest you download and install the Windows 8.1 compatible drivers. Most of them will work with Windows 7, 64 bit.

http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

Go to the link below, select the operating system as Windows 8.1, download and install the drivers.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

I downloaded the Win 8 driver again and tried installing it onto the laptop. There are a couple or errors while it installs then fails to work.

Expert:  Shefin replied 5 months ago.

Were you able to install the LAN driver?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

It seemed to install but it still does not work. At this point I cant even go back to Win 8 or 10 because I can't download them.

Expert:  Shefin replied 5 months ago.

Please go to the link below, try downloading and installing Win7 and Server 2008 R2 Auto Installation Program (SID(###) ###-####

http://www.realtek.com/DOWNLOADS/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false#1

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

I'm sorry to do this but I need to go to bed. I'll give it all a try tomorrow. Don'y worry I will pay you...

Expert:  Shefin replied 5 months ago.

Take your time and let me know the response.

Thank you.

S H E F I N