Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, IT Expert
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP. Software Integration and Deployment Expert

Cressi Archimed 1 computer has 3 mountains(altitude) I

Customer Question

Cressi Archimed 1 computer has 3 mountains(altitude) I think. they don't go away. when I reset the battery. How can that be cleared?
Category: Software
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 4 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

May I ask what your problem is? Also, please, verify which device you are using.

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Everything is in the question.

I asked for clarification as to what your problem was so that I could help. You have chosen to not help me understand. I will opt out. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Cressi Archimede dive computer/watch. The altitude is not correct and it's not able to be changed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It's a cressi archimede 1
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No, I don't understand. I said it was a Cressida Arcomedis wrist computer. Changed the battery, the 3 mountain looking symbols do not change. I'm not certain you know about dive computers. Can you refer me to someone else?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Waiting for help.
Expert:  Chris Baxter replied 4 months ago.

That is actually your altitude indicator. (As in, outside the water, the watch is registering you are between 7544ft and 19680ft above sea level. This means your nitrogen levels will be different than those at sea level, and as you travel down toward the sea, you (SHOULD) notice the mountains disappear, this is not a setting you can change as it is automatically updated every 10 minutes by the computer in the watch.

You should see no mountains between sea level and 2624ft

2624ft to 5249ft indicates one mountain

5249ft to 7544ft indicates two mountains

7544ft to 19680ft indicates three mountains

a big "E" indicates over 19680 as you really should not be diving in a thin atmosphere....I hope this answers your questions! Again, there is nothing to adjust as this setting adjusts itself. If you need to reset this, you will lose all your presets, and the desat figures will revert to factory settings (Fo2 = 21% and Po2 = 1.4 bar). The reset is on the back of the watch and can be poked with a pointed tool. DO NOT RESET UNDER WATER. Thanks! :)

Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 4 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the wait. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.