Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

Adobe has started to force me to download when I try to

Customer Question

adobe has started to force me to download when I try to print. This does not work for me, i.e. online viewing my bank account statements, when I try to print all I get is prompt to download to my computer.
Category: Software
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. After downloading, does it have the print icon / option?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have windows - two versions xp and one earlier or later, I do not know for certain. I download on my computer and then go find it wherever it has been left. Not a "download" category but as a PDF. I did not cause this problem and do not think I should be charged if you have an answer because it happens to others. So, either end this session (nothing against you) or answer because you have dealt with this before. Thank you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Do not think my office security system would allow you access.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I would need permission to grant it anyway

I'm sorry. I'm an independent computer tech. PDF printing is currently working fine on my computer and on many other computers. Please let me know if you'd like to fix this issue for you or not; we guarantee our service. Thank you,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No, just wishful thinking on my part. But thank you anyway. Please confirm that I will not be charged for this session.

Also, with remote support, you can see everything I do on the screen, and we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403/

Remote support is quicker and easier for you as I will do all the troubleshooting steps for you as this issue can be complicated. Otherwise, I can provide written instructions.

A local tech / computer repair shop charges you a lot more.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Do not see my email that I cannot grant permission for you to connect... and you would most likely be blocked anyway

Remote support connection is processed only if you agree; you did not agree. I can provide written instructions you can use for fixing this issue; we guarantee our service. Also, a local tech / computer repair shop charges you a lot more. OK, we are cancelling this per your request. If you still need help with this issue later on or with any computer issue in the future, please come back any time as you wish; we guarantee our service. Thank you.