Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Technician

I have a Lenovo Flex 3-1480. Upon completing a Windows 10

Customer Question

I have a Lenovo Flex 3-1480. Upon completing a Windows 10 update, it can no longer pick up a wifi signal. I tried restoring the system, and when that didn't work, I downloaded the driver software onto a USB at another computer (only to be told that the download was less current than the existing software.). I'm sure it's a software problem because the laptop can find/connect with wifi signals after I restore the system, but not after the desktop fires up. My apologies if I'm not using the right terms when describing the problem. My question is: how can I fix this problem and connect to wifi again?
Category: Software
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 4 months ago.

To fix this issue automatically, follow these steps:

1. Download the Troubleshooter.

Use another computer, download the troubleshooter, save it to a removable disk, and then copy it to the computer.
  2. When you are prompted, select Open.

Note If you are prompted with a security warning, select Yes to start the troubleshooter.
  3. In the window that opens, follow the instructions to run the troubleshooter.