Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I have a HP ML 110 G6 with a sas card controler P210/256 and

Customer Question

i have a HP ML 110 G6 with a sas card controler P210/256 and i lost all my disk
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Software Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: i change the controler get a recondition from Germany last night still not working but i see the sas controler
JA: Is there anything else the Software Technician should be aware of?
Customer: yes my new controler is detected but cannot initialise
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Software Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Software
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok so at boot t see my sas controler with a message with message expansion ROM cannot initialise
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Order ID:
16355920-97
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have also No TPM or TPM has problem in take off my cdrom and the message disapear
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
looking at Internet seem to be a BIOS problem
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hello somebody home ???
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
sorry my controler is a P212/256 SAS
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Not a P210 as stated before
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 6 months ago.

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you have this issue, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected

Are you searching for Controller Driver?

I mean P212/256 controller driver

Are you there

I am not getting any reply

Please answer below queries when you are back..

1: Does message "expansion ROM cannot initialize" appear evenafter controller is not connected?

(We need to check whether message is right from controller or not. For that i want you to reboot machine without controller and check status)

2: Are you searching for controller driver?

waiting for your reply

Thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i had a crash last monday no disk and no message about the controler
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no messages
so i order a new controler from a shop im Germany
i received that new controler and i put it in then i have the message above Rom could not load something about controler in slot 4
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i have some driver to flush the card with from HP but since i can boot well i am stuck to flush that damm controler
plus i have 4 disk sas with production data on it so i dont know if i manage to get the card working how to re-esthablish the raid stting
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it appears at boot time
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
we got that message then in which slot the controler is in
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the controler is in slot 4
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i tried slot 3 in case slot 4 was defect still same the controler sas is showing but cannot pass the test and messages
PCI mass storage in slot 3
Bus:20 Device:00 Function: 00
then 2 bip then it goes Try to Boot PXE_E61 PXE-MOF sur no cable test and finaly Boot Failed
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This not encouraging
http://community.hpe.com/t5/Disk-Arrays/HP-ML-110-ProLiant-G6-P212-RAID-Array-Controller-Card-issue/td-p/4736772
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok do you have seen my last post of 5 june ??
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i am using an HP tool Smart Storage administrator i can see my drives i have 3 HP disk 160GB in raid5 and a logical drive 298GB
the logical drive is a boot drive and it has a yellow padlock sign on it ?

Are you available now

From your reply, i could see that Server identifies the hdds connected.

You know when raid controller is changed, server loses the raid config with it. Now only HDDs contains the raid config. Before attempting reboot using new controller its necessary to import RAID Config from HDD to controller and Raid Array should come online. For that you have to get into Raid Configuration Menu during Server initializing time.

Make sure you have done this and set P212/256 controller as server primary boot controller