Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I have not been able to use my Rhapsody service in over a

Customer Question

I have not been able to use my Rhapsody service in over a year, although I have been paying for it all along. I got rid of Vista & got a new desktop (Dell) with Windows10. I got a new SanDisk Clip Sport, hoping I could dowload my library to it, since the old one was no longer recognized by the updated version of Rhapsody. I have uninstalled the old version of Rhapsody (twice); I have formatted the new MP3 player, and Rhapsody still does not recognize it.
I have been so fed up that I wanted to try another service, but thought I would give this one more chance before cancelling my subscription.
PLEASE: help me get this going! I miss my music, and I am very, very frustrated with the lack of support.
Category: Software
Expert:  Tim replied 7 months ago.

Hi there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you today. I have over 15 Years as an Engineer and have been with eBay, DoD and many others. I will do my VERY BEST to help you. If you like i can offer remote access and a call. In addition, with any positive rating I will support your question going forward for free.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Please contact me by telephone, as none of the phone numbers I've been able to locate for Rhapsody are in service. This is getting more frustrating: I will not pay $64 (after 12 months of no service) to get this fixed.(###) ###-####
Expert:  Tim replied 7 months ago.

Hey Helen, i Understand your frustration, i've been in similar situations, and so have my mom who is in her late 60s. There is probably something small we are missing. It would be much easier if i can remote in and talk to you on the phone and figure it out. I do not like nickle and dimming people. but it is an extra charge for me to call or remote in. I'd be happy to do it for 15.00

Expert:  Tim replied 7 months ago.

I can call once you accept the offer, and try and figure out what the problem is, as well as remote i n.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
call
Expert:  Tim replied 7 months ago.

you need to accept the premium service.....or i cant call.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Tim, with all due respect, I am not buying a pig in a poke, and don't know you or your company from Adam ... if this is Rhapsody's only availability, I will go ahead and cancel my subscription
Expert:  Tim replied 7 months ago.

unsure of your billing situation, that may be fir customer service.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I PREPAY for their service every month
Expert:  Tim replied 7 months ago.

We are an all around tech suppoport, + other stuff like doctors, lawyers etc

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
HOw do I contact Rhapsody for customer service
Expert:  Tim replied 7 months ago.

yeeah, i understand. thats for chat support like this

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
why did I get routed to you when I tried to contact rhapsody? don't they want to be bothered supporting their software
Expert:  Tim replied 7 months ago.

a lot of tech companies, like MS, and many others refer to us, where we do bill......not saying its fair.

https://help.rhapsody.com/hc/en-us/articles/212631218-Contact-Us

Expert:  Tim replied 7 months ago.

They most likely do not offer support.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK well then, I've got a support deal with the Geek Squad for this computer and the MP3 player - I will call them.
PLEASE make certain that my account is NOT billed for any of this!
Thanks
Helen
Expert:  Tim replied 7 months ago.

I'm sure you think i'm some dude in India or what ever. I'm in the US, and well educated. I can't tell you what rhapsody support system is........

Expert:  Tim replied 7 months ago.

Geeksquad is about the worst choice you could make, they will charge the hell out of you. I'm not in billing, i'm an engineer. 1(###) ###-####/p>

Expert:  Tim replied 7 months ago.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

Expert:  Tim replied 7 months ago.

That's all i can do for your refund, contact them. Thanks.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
See, that's the problem - I've worked with computers (of all kinds) since 1967 (yeah, they were around back then) and am not computer illiterate; not a DEU!
I have never seen lousier software than Rhapsody's! Impossible to follow menus, UN-helpful 'help' and no way to contact them.
The Geek Squad will NOT bill me: I have used them before, we have a contract (up to 3 devices) and, even though they'll have to poke around in Rhapsody's crap, they will get me an answer.
Expert:  Tim replied 7 months ago.

i'll also send your question to Customer support (not sure how long it takes them)

Mind you, this could be solved if you willing to accept premium support, I can go as low as 5.00, which leaves little for me.

Expert:  Tim replied 7 months ago.

cool, good luck.

Expert:  Tim replied 7 months ago.

they will likley do nothing, but i don't know. And that is what it is. Can't say much for Rhapsody, they have bad software. Take care.

Expert:  Tim replied 7 months ago.

their just going to blame Rhapsody, which is fair, but they wont trouble shoot it......but what do i know, i dont work at best buy.

Expert:  Tim replied 7 months ago.

sending you to customer service, you should still call......Good luck!