Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

Hacker hacked my computer and wont let me access my os : My

Customer Question

hacker hacked my computer and wont let me access my os
JA: You'd be surprised how many people have questions about an operating system. Fortunately, the technicians we work with know tech inside and out, and it would be my pleasure to connect you with one right away. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My computer went to a screen that said my copy was conterfeit and offered a help 3. I called and he took control and wanted 350.00 for software.
JA: Is there anything else the Computer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I have tried to reinstall but install says I have no drivers for my dvd
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Software
Expert:  Martin replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your computer.

These things are happening more often every day.

Are you completely locked out of the computer or can you sign in?

Regards,

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Tried new install but install says "windows cannot be installed to this disk. The selected disk is of the GPT partition style." Now I'm really screwed!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I deleted old portion.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm OK now
Expert:  Martin replied 6 months ago.

You're going to have to convert it from GPT to MBR to be able to install Windows on that partition

Expert:  Martin replied 6 months ago.

I think it also works to delete and re-create the partitions but in case you wanted to keep the partition table, here's a link on how to convert it to MBR:

http://www.disk-partition.com/articles/selected-disk-is-gpt-partition-style.html