caraleneK, Software Engineer
Experience:  You one stop software Engineer

I use a Mac OS 10.8.5. When I try to watch a video clip I

Customer Question

I use a Mac OS 10.8.5. When I try to watch a video clip I get an "Adobe Flash Player is out of date" message. Trying to follow the instructions to download a new version gets me no-where.
If you can help I would appreciate but I am easily confused and very frustrated so be patient.
Thank you, Tom
Category: Software
Expert:  Jason Fenoglio replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I might be able to assist. The best way to ensure that you have the latest version is to visit Adobe's site directly. This will ensure that you are not directly sent to a scam site. The latest Adobe Flash Player download is accessible from this link.

Then choose Mac OS X on the Step 1

And the Web Browser that you are using in Step 2.

I can assist further by remote connection if you need help with this.

Are you still needing assistance? Let me know, I'm here to help.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Jason, I read your message and wonder if you read my original question. I said that I had followed the instructions to download and reported that I got nowhere. Your message simply told me to do what I had already done to no avail. I do NOT want to be charged for this non answer. I also do not want to give you control of my computer since you should just lead me through the download process.

Recreating the issue and analyzing the problem is the only way to determine how to fix the issue. I sent the instructions to the download link and the process because the original question did not say where it was being downloaded from. If we could walk through the process, we can determine what is wrong. Also, a remote connection could resolve the problem faster.

Expert:  caraleneK replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted. Sorry you have all this problems let remove flash and reinstall it .

System Preferences > Flash Player > Advanced > Delete All

Press the "Delete All" button >or use this tool to remove flash when complete

Install Adobe Flash Player. > > Follow the prompts.

Quit Safari.> Restart computer. Relaunch Safari. Waiting your feedback