Joseph Varner
Joseph Varner,
Experience:  Enterprise Support Specialist at Arthur J Gallagher

What are the top ANTI-phishing software and why?

Customer Question

Category: Software
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 5 months ago.

Hello Legal, and thank you for choosing

The top Anti-phishing software applications (for windows, im assuming)......I can compile a short list on this, but will need some time.

Can you tell me what invokes you to ask this kind of question?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Take your time and I woul d need fo a lot of thm to have a free vesion please.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Take your time and I would need for a lot of them to have a free version please.

I will compile between 5 an 10 applications.

The TOP rated, and TOP performing, and TOP grossing ANTI-Phishing applications are designed and engineered for Email based Server platforms.

Most of the PAID applications will have a FREE-TRIAL option available, in the form of limited functionality, or limited time frame to use it.

Expert:  Joseph Varner replied 4 months ago.

Greetings, I am Joe and happy to assist.

Your question is not one easily answered, and for very good reason - Phishing by its very nature is set up to look legit and bypass conventional security measures, even Anti-viral and Anti-malware measures.

You​ are actually the best anti phishing tool. Protecting yourself simply requires one to be vigilant about certain things:

1) Never reply to an email you didn't solicit in the first place - if you didn't ask for it, don't open it, or any links in it.

2) If you receive an email you are concerned may be legit but aren't sure, don't contact the sender via the email. Instead get the name of the sender and their company, and contact that company directly using the contact information on their website.

3) If you receive an email from someone you trust, but the email doesn't look like something they normally would send, do not open any links from it. Instead contact the sender (again, not using the resources in the email to do so) and ask if they sent that email. If they did not, just delete.

Those are the main steps to avoid phishing attacks. Because of the difficult tracking nature of these emails, and because those making them are always evolving, the above 3 steps are the best prevention on a personal level. There are corporate solutions, but those cost in the thousands of dollars and are meant to be managed by an in-house security team.

I hope that answers your question. If you are looking for the best Antivirus or Anti Malware tools (Free), then for Antivirus, Kaspersky is a known excellent one, and for Anti_Malware, Malware Bytes is tops, followed by Spybot.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I was asking about diffeent anti-phising softwae that you would recommend. Do you have a list yes or no?