caraleneK
caraleneK, Software Engineer
Experience:  You one stop software Engineer
75835320

I own a copy of QuickCAD millennium edition release 7. Can I

Customer Question

I own a copy of QuickCAD millennium edition release 7. Can I load it in to my linux control menu.
JA: Is this the first time you've dealt with this?
Customer: Yes
JA: The computer expert can get you a quick fix for this. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Software
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

Quickcad Millinium Edition release 7, will ONLY work on WINDOWS based Operating Systems.

.

Therefore and Unfortunately, it will NOT work on a Linux OS of ANY type.

Not sure what you meant by "Linux Control Menu" but, if you are using ANY type of Linux OS, then you can NOT install Quickcad Millenium edition R7, on Linux OS.

.

Although there are alternative programs for CAD that will work on a Linux OS.

.

Here are some examples:

.

Bricscad is a CAD package developed by Bricsys, originally built using the IntelliCAD engine. We have featured Bricscad before in our featured listing of top commercial apps for Linux. Bricscad is among the few commercially supported CAD packages which runs on Linux. Bricscad is capable of most contemporary AutoCAD functionalities.

.

.

QCad is a CAD software package for 2D design and drafting. QCad professional edition is the non-free version with options for limited-time free trial. There is also a community edition of QCad which is licensed under GPL. You can download QCad community edition for free.

.

.

FreeCAD is a free and Open Source 3D CAD/CAE program, based on OpenCascade, QT and Python. It features key concepts like macro recording, workbenches, ability to run as server and dynamically loadable application extensions. Windows, Mac and Linux versions available.

Expert:  caraleneK replied 12 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted. I just follow-up to see if you need more help.Waiting your feedback