Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, IT Expert
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP. Software Integration and Deployment Expert
23511658

I'm trying to build an app Android OS and the attached word

Customer Question

I’m trying to build an app for the Android OS and the attached word document needs to be populated into a page within the app.What the idea is, the headings “Addition Specific” and “Support” are just title’s and hard coded. Under each would be a drop down list with the sub categories. Once a sub category is selected, the list of web pages would appear (or shortened clickable strings, such as the first link would be ‘Alcohol Detoxification’ instead of the full url) - Ideally, the web content would appear within the app itself - but, if it’s easier to link to chrome and bring the user out of the app, that is all well and good.(Re: the zip file) The specific file this needs to be added into is in the path:
RoadToRecovery > app > src > main > java > jack > roadtorecovery > Info.javaI did have to delete some files from the source code in order to make it small enough to attach.
Category: Software
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 6 months ago.
Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.Sorry for the wait. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.
Does it have to be a word document?Since it is in Android, a Google doc.woud probably be a lot more practical so you don't have to deal with office APIs.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, the word document was just there to store all of the links and do some form of a "mock" layout.
The info tab of this app should just be a page, with the 2 separate headings - a drop down box for the sub categories - the links populated when the sub category is selected.
I would recommend doing it with a plain document, but I will open the question to other experts.