Jason Fenoglio
Jason Fenoglio, Sr. Systems Engineer
Experience:  Sr. Systems Engineer
94203781

I am video conferencing using Adobe Connect graduate school

Customer Question

I am video conferencing using Adobe Connect for a graduate school course. My video is not working properly with the Add-in installed. Please help.
Category: Software
Expert:  Jason Fenoglio replied 10 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your situation. Are just trying to access the video feed on the instructor's camera?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No. I am creating meetings and recording them.
With your webcam, correct?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Are the webcam drivers for your system completely up to date? What is the model of your webcam? If it is an internal camera on a laptop, what is the model on your laptop?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I took my Macbook Pro to the Apple store yesterday. There is nothing wrong with my computer or my webcam. It is the Adobe Connect Add-in software. When it is not downloaded my video is smooth. But I have to install the Add-in to do all the requirements for my assignments. However, with my video being so poor my professor cannot see what she needs to see to grade my assignment.
Which version of the add-in are you using, 8 or 9?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
NPAPI Plug-in version 21.0.0.242 is installed. PPAPI Plug-in is not installed. This one crashes and closes Adobe Flash when I try to install it.
I see you've tried all of your browsers but which browser are you actively using?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
With you I'm using Chrome. But with Adobe Connect I tried using Firefox and Safari. Neither of them work.
Would you be able to disable all of the other extensions in Chrome to ensure there is not a conflict with any other extensions? Just remember which ones you disable so they can be re-enabled after this test.Google Chrome:Click the menu icon "≡" at the top right of the browser window, choose "Tools" and choose "Extensions" to open a new "Options" tab. Uncheck "Enabled" to disable an extension, or click "Remove" to delete it completely.Enter "chrome://plugins/" in Chrome's address bar to view plugins that add compatibility and functionality, such as Apple QuickTime or Adobe Flash,Click the "Disable" link under the plugin you want to disable.
You'll want to leave on any other Adobe plug-ins.
You also mentioned that you upgraded your internet speeds. What did you end up moving up to? Since you are sending video upstream to the internet, the Upload will be the most important value.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
All I see to disable is Adobe Flash Player - Version: 21.0.0.242 (Disabled)
Shockwave Flash 21.0 r0.Upload speed is 4Mbps.How do I disable the add-in for Firefox. I already know it is not compatible with Chrome.
Mozilla Firefox: Click the orange "Firefox" button in the top left-hand corner of the browser window and choose "Add-ons" from the right column of the menu to open an Add-ons Manager tab in the active browser window.If you are using Windows XP, click on "Tools" from the menu bar near the top of the browser window and choose "Add-ons." Click "Extensions" to view the installed extensions that add features to Firefox, or click "Plugins" to view plugins that add compatibility and functionality. Find the add-on you want to disable and click its "Disable" button.If you want to delete an extension entirely, click "Remove."Restart Firefox to complete the process.
Other things you might try is:Separate Audio Dial-In: if people are using their phone for audio, then it takes load off the network. Web Cams: in a bandwidth-constrained environment, we also recommend adjusting the video stream quality in the Preferences menu.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The issue is I have to have the add-on to do my assignment.
I wanted to see if we could disable all other add-ons besides the Adobe add-ons in your browser. Just to see if there is a confilct. don't turn off the NPAPI Plug-in or Adobe flash plug-in.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't even see an Adobe Plug-in or Add-on in Firefox.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
For my assignment, I connect with 3 other people. Their video looks fine, mine does not. I have made the adjustments in Preferences and it did not help. I was also plugged in with the ethernet cord and had my WiFi off.Also, I cannot figure out how to disable this Add-in in Firefox. Adobe Connect continues to open my meeting in "Adobe Connect Add-in."
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is this a problem between Apple and Adobe? I get the feeling this issue will not be resolved. I would like a full refund, because this did not solve my problem. How do I get my refund?
I sorry, I had to step away for a sec.