Russell H., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Proud to have been getting computer technicalities into working order since 1988.

I am using Dragon 12, installed a month ago onto a new computer.

Customer Question

I am using Dragon 12, installed a month ago onto a new computer. I have been using Dragon for 8 years.
in the past couple of weeks I have had this problem. A statement will appear on a green background next to the Dragon centrepiece, saying something like "dictation not available here", and it does not respond to my voice. However, if I type the first word of a sentence, it will recognise my voice and type normally. What is going wrong and what can I do?
Category: Software
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I suggest that you try using the mouse pointer, and clicking on a text-entry box, field, etc.And then it may take dictation at that point. The problem you are asking about could well be, that the cursor, or text-entry-point (that usually blinks or flashes, wherever it happens to be active) is not present in a text-entry field or text-entry box. If you click on the background of the Desktop for instance, Dragon cannot type what you are saying there.