Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have vast experience with configuring & repairing and utilizing software.Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

We have an HP Pavilion Tower and we use Thunderbird/Mazzella

Customer Question

We have an HP Pavilion Tower and we use Thunderbird/Mazzella this morning when does decided we were forced to upgrade to windows 10 despite are trying not to. We learned that if we send an email using Mozilla Thunderbird the text looks great but when you hit send the message goes out but the text is stripped off. This was a seven paragraph very complicated email and when we save it to draft the text to stripped out there too, if we send just three words were if we send just two lines it works but anything more the text disappears. We were just told that it must be at Thunderbird problem that doesn't work well with windows 10 and that we should uninstall Windows 10, which I think has even more challenges doing that. Help we have major emails to get out tonight for critical deadlines
Category: Software
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Thunderbird works fine with windows 10, I have both and dont have any issues. However, sometimes when you upgrade windows 10, some of thunderbirds permissions and core files can get damaged. T his is definitely something I can help you fix, or I can connect to your computer and quickly fix for you. ( and you wont have to uninstall windows 10 ) How would you prefer to proceed? Written support, or do you want me to connect and fix the issue directly? Thank you for your response, Dustin S.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Please give me directions on line. I am not a check if I have been fairly technical since working for IBM years ago
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
All right.. First things first ( and this wont erase your emails, or your old thunderbird profile) Go to your control panel, uninstall a program, and uninstall thunderbird.. Once its uninstalled, dont uninstall it. Instead, follow these steps to run the DISM /Restore health command. http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7808-dism-repair-windows-10-image.html Remember, its only the restore health command we need to run.. This will take about half an hour.. Once its completed, restart the computer, and then download and install the newest version of Tbird from here https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/ Once reinstalled, start thunderbird and it should pick up your profile, and show all your mail. Let me know if youre still having the same issue after you complete these steps` I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Dustin, I appreciate the help but it didn't work. I don't want to give you bad service ranking but also don't want to pay more money. My tech-support guy I s coming tomorrow and that will cost significant amount of money. How do I give you good rating but not pay more money? Thanks, Suzanne
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
Next time around, we could save you a bit of money if youd considered a remote support session. I always guarantee my sessions meaning that If I couldnt fix the issue, youd have been entitled to a full refund. I do hope that your IT guy was able to resolve the issue for you Suzanne. As far as charges, I have no access to your account but if you have been charged and want a refund, the link below would help you submit that refund request. http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0 Otherwise, if you didnt want a refund you would click and submit a rating. If you have further questions or need further help with this issue, let me know. Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi I did reply that the answer did not work. And I'm not comfortable doing remote with somebody I don't know I'm sorry. I'm sure you're very good but I had a major problem where my systems crashed or somebody
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry. Systems crashed by someone doing a remote. How do I receive a refund? Ironically still have the same problem