Martin, Network Engineer
Experience:  10+ Years Experience CCNA Network Engineer A+ Net+ Linux & Windows OS C++ Programming.
74139101

I have Microsoft 10 and it is not working well. I have had

Customer Question

I have Microsoft 10 and it is not working well. I have had Avast antivirus on all other versions of Microsoft. However, I am unable to load Avast on Microsoft 10. Can you help me?
Category: Software
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
Hello Joe and welcome.Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your computer.What version of Avast do you have and do you get any errors?Please reply using the box below.Regards,Martin
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It is a late version, but I am not sure which one.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I think it is Avast internet security.
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
I would recommend uninstalling it and re-installing it with a fresh setup file from the Avast website:https://www.avast.com/windows-10-antivirus
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
That has been tried twice. Version 10 would not accept it.
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
Is it a paid version of Avast?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
yes
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
I would have to take a look at it myself via a remote session, it's impossible to tell you what the underlying problem is from your description
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Martin, can you uninstall version 10 and install version XP? I used XP without any problems. Have had a lot of problems with version 10.
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
Windows XP?If you installed Windows 10 over XP you cannot go back to XP, you can only if you made an upgrade from Windows 7 or 8
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
I sent you a request for a remote support session, do you see it in the "View offer" list?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry to hear that XP is not available. It was a good system.
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
How did you get Windows 10 installed?Is it a new computer?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It is a new computer, but Microsoft installed version 10 over the internet.
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
Well in that case, Joe. I would recommend a more advanced program since you've gone to Windows 10.Click HereThis program has anti virus, anti malware, protection against phishing (hacking attempts) and cleans your system regularly keeping it running optimal.I would recommend using that for Windows 10 as opposed to Avast.Another option would be Malwarebytes Premium but this one is only for malware and some virus protection.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How do we switch form Avast to Windows?
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
What do you mean?Avast is an anti virus program, Windows is an operating system (the place you install Avast on)
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Martin, It looks like we were unable to solve my problem. I would appreciate it if you would cancel my Visa bill.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How do I install the advanced antivirus program for Windows that you recommended?
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
Click on the link I provided:Click Here To View Link
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
It should have a button to the left to purchase it which will take you to the download section.That will give you full protection and system maintenance on Windows 10 and it also works on other versionf of Windows like 7 and 8.If you have other computers, you can install it on those too without having to purchase an extra licence.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK. Do I need to uninstall Avast first?
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
Not necessary, the program will prompt you to do so during the installation.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Also, I have tech support with Avast. Does Microsoft provide this service with the software?
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
Microsoft doesn't provide service for any software other than their own (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc) but it is compatible with Microsoft if that's what you're referring to. Yes.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks Martin. I will look at the software you mentioned. However, I would like to have my Visa bill canceled for this session.
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.
No problem Joe,You may contact billing on 1(###) ###-####If you have any doubts or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And if you could take a moment to click on one of the green stars at the top to rate me for my time, it would be greatly appreciated!Remember you can continue replying to me until you've got all the information you need.Regards,Martin