Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I bought lenovo yoga 2 pro, model 20266 s/n yb06121319.I

Customer Question

I bought lenovo yoga 2 pro, model 20266 s/n yb06121319.
I bought it in Nov. 2015
In Apr. 2016 it shut down and i was tollen that the mother board has failed.
It is not in warranty period and it cost to repair it 2300 Shkel.( it is 50% of a new laptop value).
The Israeli branch was unflexible at all.
Iwould like to know if your ptroduct ( which was more expensive than the other laptops) intendes fore short terms? you don't take resposibulty for a essential faile even it is a few monthes after the warranty period?
I have in my company 4 other laptops , does it means that i have to find other supplier?
i hope for an answer more friendly than your Israeli agency.
Category: Software
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.
Hi Eran, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. Are you sure of the dates you mentioned? If you bought it on November 2015 and became faulty by April 2016, it should be covered by warranty as it is more than 5 months old only. Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry, i bout it in Nov. 2014.
It is not in the warranty period.
I thaout that you belong to Lenovo Service Customer.
While i understand that you are not, so i don't see that you can be usufull at that claime.
Thanks.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.
Hi Eran,Thank you for writing back and I am very sorry about your issues. Yes, you have contacted us here at JustAnswer, a pay-for-answer platform and I will be happy to assist you and answer your inquiries.First, I am sorry to hear that Israeli branch of Lenovo support was not that helpful. But unfortunately, support centers cannot be flexible when it comes to warranty. The main reason for this is because they have computerized system that determines which units are covered by warranty and which are not, and the technicians cannot override that system.Though technicians have the freedom to waive charges and fees for "flexibility" for their customers, in your case it will be very risky for their part to do so since as you have already mentioned, your laptop has a motherboard issue which requires replacement so they need to stick to the warranty otherwise, the technicians will be charged for that replacement motherboard.To answer your other question, whether the Lenovo laptops are built for short term, the answer is NO.Lenovo computers are one of the best quality computers in the market today. Yes, they are not cheap but they have good quality. Your case is an isolated incident. In fact, I personally use a Lenovo G460 laptop that is working well and good until now which is already 8 years old. My only limitation is the upgrade available for my old Lenovo laptop since newer components like RAM or memory sticks that are compatible for my 8 year old Lenovo laptop is hard to find. But as to its performance and quality, it is the best and I never sent it for repair, not for once.There are several factors why laptops or their parts fail, regardless of their brand. It is their daily usage -- wear and tear.In your case, the motherboard failed due to these factors as well.For your last question, you have 4 other laptops in your company. I hope they are still covered with warranty. But if they are not, please do not worry. As long as they are used properly and maintained very well by your IT people, they should continue to work for the next several years.By being "well maintained and used properly", I mean these things:Always shutdown the laptop when not in useDo not leave the laptop turned ON and in sleep mode for a very long time when not in use, turn them offWhen the laptop is used in a permanent location, and it has a removable battery, remove the battery always. Batteries are for "portability" purposes so keep it with an average charge so that you can use your laptop when you are travelling.Perform optimization and cleanup on a regular basisUpdate your antivirus daily and perform regular scansUpdate your Windows OS regularly or when updates are availableUpdate your drivers regularlyRegularly check the laptop for hardware cleanliness. Remove dusts by blowing some compressed air in the vents to make sure that the motherboard is not overheatingWhen your 4 other laptops are well maintained, they should continue to work for long years.I hope that helped.Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.Thank you!Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for your polite reply, but it does not forwarder my problem.
Ihave one more questation : Do you think that you can apply to Lenovo custom service ( behalf me) and represent my issue. The main point is: That model ( Yoga 2 pro) is an expensive type, and although the motherboard failed 4-5 months after the warranty period, we expect from a large international firm backing and support helped me and replace it. That failure should not happened in exclusive type leptop.for their reputation they should replace that critical failure- free of charge..
If you think that you can achieve an exchanging free of charge i will be happy to continue with you, and to pay for your assistance.
Thanks,
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.
Eran,Are you looking for lenovo support in the US or in Israel?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I received a negative answer in the Israeli agency,so i will appreciate that you will try the u.s. agency.
I hope they have much more customer's assessment.
Thanks.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.
Please tell me the correct serial number of the problem laptop
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't see your last answer.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.
Please tell me the correct serial of the problem laptop. That was my last reply.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I sent you all the detail about the leptop, includin s/n
Did you get it?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.
Hi Eran,Thank you for writing back and I found your serial number. Unfortunately, I have checked it myself and indeed the warranty for the problem laptop has expired.In all honesty, there is no way that this problem laptop can be repaired for free since the warranty already expired last 11/15/15. Your best option for this case is to BUY a warranty extension and the price for such extension varies. This warranty extension can be bought online if the warranty is still active. But since yours already expired, you need to contact Lenovo's Telephonic Sales assistance directly at 1-***-***-**** since they are the ones that are in charge of selling those warranty extensions. The price for this warranty extension is something that you can then decide to pursue or not. But when you successfully extended your warranty, then you can have this laptop repaired for free UP TO the new expiry date.If you have 4 other laptops there that are nearing warranty expiration, buying a warranty extension is also the best option so that any repair and part-replacement fees in the future will be FREE as long as it is still covered by the extended warranty.I hope I was able to help. This is the only thing I can do for you and you need to make the call to the number I gave you above since they will be asking information from you and about the laptop.Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.Thank you!Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Please your answer to my last email about payment.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.
Hi,I am very sorry but I cannot find your last question regarding payment. Can you please send that message again so that I can answer it properly?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I send you 3 times my response for charging my credit card. I understand that only my request for return payment does nor arrived.
This is my last request for return the money back.
Thanks.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.
Ok. Here is the link about refunding:ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refundThank you for using our service.Best regards,Jess