Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

How do I delete a pdf file that I created on Adobe Reader?

Customer Question

Category: Software
Expert:  Byron replied 6 months ago.
Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.Can we do a screen sharing session and I can show you how to do this?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, we do not want screen sharing. We simply want a step by step explanation of how do delete a pdf file from our Apple computer. We can do it by e-mail or over the phone(###) ###-####
Expert:  Byron replied 6 months ago.
Sorry. I was unaware you are using a Mac. You'll receive an email when a Mac expert responds.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.
Hi,I am very sorry about your issues and please allow me to help you with this problem. Can you please tell me where these PDF files are saved or stored on your computer? Are they on the desktop screen or in Documents folder?Please let me know so that I can assist you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
On the "finder" it's under "today"
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.
Please locate the actual location of the PDF file. Just locate the path where the PDFs are saved or stored and go to that path to view the PDF files listed there
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I found it in Finder and was able to drag it to the trash from there. But it is still in the Adobe Reader file and I want it deleted from there too. I don't know where else to look for it.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for writing back and I am glad that you were able to trash the PDF files that you want to delete. Now, based on your description saying that those PDFs are still there in your Adobe Reader, I believe that you are referring to the list of recently or previously opened files.In order to clear that list if PDF files, I need to know if you are using Adobe Reader DC. If you are, then here are the steps to clear that list of PDF files:Locate the Adobe Reader DC shortcut icon or program launcher. Double click on it to open Adobe Reader WITHOUT any PDF file loaded yet.When the program opens, it shall show the list of PDF files you previously opened. Locate the command at the bottom of the window that says "Clear Recent Files". This should remove the listed PDF files. Here is my screen shot:http://filesxpress.com/d-1e03cb89 I hope that helped. Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.Thank you!Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry for the delay in my reply. It doesn't say Adobe Reader DC. It says Adobe Reader XI Version 11.0.11. Looks like I'll have to download the newer version and then go through your steps. Thank you.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.
Allan,Please update your Adobe Reader to the most recent and stable version. Then follow the procedures I gave you to clear the recently opened PDF files.Please take your time and just let me know if you need further assistance.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks again for your response. I checked and it seems like I can't upgrade to Adobe Reader DC from my 11.0.11 version. I would have to purchase it for $13.00/month and I just can't do that. So I appreciate your help. I will just have to delete the Adobe Reader from my computer altogether..
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.
I am very sorry about your issues. I do not recommend deleting it since you will have trouble opening PDF files then.Can I remotely access your computer so that I can do the procedures myself while you watch?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.
Alan,You can manually download and install the latest version of Adobe Reader using this link:http://get.adobe.com/reader I hope that helped.Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.Thank you!Best regards,Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.
Hi Alan,How is it going? I am just checking if you need further assistance with this issue. I am still here to help you should you need further assistance.Thank you for using our service. If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately. Best regards,Jess