flopcat98
flopcat98, Consultant
Experience:  Consultant 30 years in nyc computer industry working with PC and networks banks brokerage legal etc.
23372949

COMPUTERS: My small office, work with a cloud electronic

Customer Question

COMPUTERS:
My small office, work with a cloud electronic medical record, and need about 4 laptops which have a small amount of hard drive memory so that I can install the program "textexpander beta for windows." My budget is about $250.
Everything I see online has large HD memory, which is more than I need. Can you suggest and which I can return in around 30 days if they don't work for us after we open them?
THANK YOU!!
Category: Software
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Hi there,Although you may not need the memory now, you may need it at least some of it in future, as software updates are installed and take up more room on the computer.There is no adverse affect in having a larger sized hard disk - you can always partition it if you really prefer just to have a smaller amount of space available. Any reputable company will allow you to return the laptops after 30 days after the package has been opened if they aren't working, e.g. www.amazon.com
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks Pete!
Can you please suggest a model or models that would fit our bill of being 14 - 16 inches, around $250?by returning within 30 days I meant if it wasn't working OUT for us, doesn't feel right, screen too dim, etc. I've had that with
thinkpads and return was allowed in 30 d via Amazon.Also what do you hink of the square trade warranty?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi, you may not have an answer to my question.
Can you therefore just pass on the question so another consultant can make a recommendation for me? Thanks!
Expert:  flopcat98 replied 6 months ago.
These are all under $250 http://store.hp.com/us/en/mdp/Laptops/hp-stream-notebook they have no hard drive. they have 32gb of emcc memory instead. About what is in a cell phone or tablet. You can't keep data on it or many programs. But they run windows operating systems and as long as all of your data is on the cloud they run quite well. They are fast and cheap and light. The only drawback is that you really have to be doing 90% of your stuff on the web. My wife has one and she loves it.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks but We need a 15 inch screen, I'd be ok now if it has hard drive. Can you suggest a laptop $250 or less, not very heavy? Thanks!
there are a couple on this pagehttp://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?id=pcat17071&st=15+inch+laptop