Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

My computer came with windows 8-i upgraded to 8.1 have had problems wi

Customer Question

my computer came with windows 8-i upgraded to 8.1 have had problems with it- went to download windows 10 free and it could not put it in. do i have to remove windows 8.1 first?
Category: Software
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.Sir just to clarify you are not able to upgrade to windows 10 am i correct does it show any error message or code?could you please let me know the name of the security program installed by MS services?Sincerely,JohnNote: - Please reply using the box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am at work right now and not on my computer. there was an error code i do not have it with me. the only thing visible that i have found is window defender but there must be more.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
OK windows defender wont block the windows 10 upgrade because windows defender is a part of windows 8 OS.Is windows defender the security program installed by MS services?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is the only thing that is on my icon page except for the agreement insert
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
I am confused.You mean you only have windows defender icon on the desktop of windows 8 PC?At what time will you be at home because it will be better if we work from a PC or mobile device in your home so that we can check the issue step by step on the windows 8 PC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
12:00 P.M. today
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.Could you please let me know the Timezone too because i am working from another country so i need to check if i will be online at that time if not i will open this to other experts who are in your timezone.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
12: 00 P.M. eastern standard time
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
OK is the current time in there is 5:05 AM.if not please let me know the current time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes you are correct
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Most likely i will be available at that time,if not like i said before i will open this to other experts before i go offline.Please post a message that you are ready to continue when you are available.Note : - Use the emails end by just answer to your email address regarding this question. There is view reply option in the email click on that and you can open this page. You can also use the welcome email from justanswer to open this page too there is a check my answer option in it to open this page. That email also has your justanswer user name and password ***** login.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you John will get back to this later. Rick
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome Sir.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is noon time john are there
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Yes sir i am online now.Are you currently chatting to me from the windows 8 PC or from another PC or mobile device?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is the only one that i have
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
OK are you getting this message when you try to download windows 10 upgrade or while installing it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the code was 0x80080005-0x90016 will it was trying to down load
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Give me couple of minutes to check that error code.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for waiting.Did you remember whether the windows update worked before this windows 10 update?Other than this windows defender do you have any other security programs installed in the PC?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no the reason for trying to update to 10 was to correct all the problems i was having with 8.1 like not being able to get windows update and the other program that was installed by MS was CCcleaner i also have spy hunter 4 that i installed just the other day
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
OH OK without the windows update not working properly this upgrade wont work that is why its showing that error code.Ccleaner is not a harmful programs but spy hunter can sometimes block some registry entries from editing.May I remote access to your PC and check the windows update issue you are facing . It’s secure and also you can see what all I am doing in the PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no thank you john i think i will have the whole computer wiped back to bio's and start fresh . thank you for your time
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
I can understand the reason for not choosing remote support.There is another option to upgrade to windows 10 which is to do a clean install of windows 10 using USB or DVD.Do you want the instructions to do that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no thank you have a great day
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
OK i will request the customer service to close this question.Sincerely,John