Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years

I need someone to explain and walk me thru DropBox. I am very

Customer Question

I need someone to explain and walk me thru DropBox. I am very confused.
Category: Software
Expert:  CompGuy replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you. What operating system/computer do you use and have you downloaded the program yet?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
windows 7 and I have dropbox cloud and also on my computer
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What does the computer dropbox have to do with the cloud dropbox? It seems they don't interact.
Expert:  CompGuy replied 5 months ago.
Alright. So Dropbox is just a folder that you can store files in and create other folders in and it automatically syncs all of your files and folders across all of your devices and the cloud. For example, if on your computer you place a file in your Dropbox you will be able to go to the cloud through the webpage and access the same file there. The same applies to if you use your phone or any other device so long as you use the Dropbox app or the website.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It isn't working that way for me. I put a large file of photos in my dropbox on my computer and it never showed up in the cloud dropbox online.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How do I get them to sync automatically?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 5 months ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. I'm the computer tech; I will help you with this.Was it working fine previously? Is there any error or message?Do you mean you have the Dropbox program installed on your computer, and you have put your files / photos in the Dropbox folder on the computer, but they do not sync to the website right?Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,