Evan Davis
Evan Davis,
Experience:  Senior Applications Analyst at University of Kentucky HealthCare
93875751

Using Adobe Elements 14. I upgraded from 13 this week because

Customer Question

Using Adobe Elements 14. I upgraded from 13 this week because the program's Photo Downloader simply stopped working. It does not work on 14 either. It says, "Connecting to device...Please wait." And it hangs. I've tried two different iPhones and a Nikon D610 SLR and waited 15+ minutes. I know I can import to a file on my computer and then import to Elements 14 from that file but I'm concerned I may create a bunch of duplicate photos, plus I feel like the Adobe product should work better and I'm a bit stubborn about using a workaround on a product I've been using and upgrading for at least ten years.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Software Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Software Technician should know?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Software Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Software
Expert:  Evan Davis replied 7 months ago.
Good Afternoon, my name is ***** ***** I will try to assist you today. In doing some research with this issue others have had success by using the following operation within the application: File> Get Photos and Videos > From iPhone/iPadHave you tried this operation?Thanks! Evan
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm going File - Get Photos and Videos - From Camera or Card Reader. The app does not have an iPhone/iPad selection. Once you plug in the iPhone or iPad, the app sees it (better if you have iTunes running and iTunes sees the iPhone) but hangs as described above.
You may be missing some updates since the upgrade. Let's try going to Help > Updates (install the latest Photoshop Elements update)
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I was missing an update to 14.1. I updated Elements, rebooted and still have the same problem. BTW, the other thing I did earlier today was to turn off the facial recognition feature which was chewing up to 85% of my CPU.
Ok, it does sound like it's something that has changed on the software end rather than on the device but... I wonder if we could try the following?Look in the camera custom menu and change USB method from mass storage to Point to Point or vice versa?Thanks, Evan
Also another thought, when you updated did you receive the option for (File> Get Photos and Videos > From iPhone/iPad) ?Previously you had said it did not show up but I was just wondering if it had after the update?Thanks, Evan