Justin Williams
Justin Williams,
Experience:  Freelance IT Consultant at Westlake Computers LLC

A Dell Desktop, after installing some blue tooth software,

Customer Question

A Dell Desktop, after installing some blue tooth software, is not turning on. It is "freezing" at the Dell symbol
JA: Installing can be tricky. Fortunately, the wizards we work with know tech inside and out, and it would be my pleasure to connect you with one right away. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The computer is not booting. The Dell symbol appears on the screen and then it does nothing more
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Computer Technician should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Software
Expert:  Justin Williams replied 5 months ago.
Hello, let's get your computer back up and running. Do you have any USB drives, USB thumbsticks, or memory card readers plugged into the computer?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
At this time, turned off.
I have removed the two USB drives.
One was for the mouse.
One was the newly plugged in BlueTooth transmitter.
Apologies for the delay in my response. The reason I asked is because sometimes external USB devices can cause problems with boot up. Assuming you are still having the problem, please try to boot it with only a mouse and keyboard connected and tell me what happens.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No change.
Alright. I'm going to have you try to discharge the power supply completely. Please do the following: Unplug the power cord from the back of your computer. With the computer unplugged, hold in the power button for 30 seconds straight. Plug the computer back in and turn on. Let me know if the problem persists.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No change
If you are comfortable with opening up the computer, this is the next step I would take in troubleshooting the issue.. Clearing the CMOS and bios settings back to default:Unplug the computer from power.Open the case of the computer.Find the round battery, sort of like a large watch battery.Carefully remove it with a flat head screwdriver and leave it out for 10 seconds.Replace battery and plug power back in, attempt to boot computer. If this doesn't work than I suspect there is a deeper hardware issue at play. It's possible that your hard drive is failing or some other internal device in you computer.