Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years

My admin password ***** not work

Customer Question

my admin password ***** not work after creating new group, administrators, and adding the admin user to the new administrators group. I have 2 other users in that group that i thought i'd given all read/write permissions. Now, cannot login as admin. any help?
JA: Problems logging in, huh? It happens to all of us! Fortunately, the wizards we work with know tech inside and out, and it would be my pleasure to connect you with one right away. Is there anything else important you think the Software Technician should know?
Customer: no, thats it. thx.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Software Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Software
Expert:  Cody replied 5 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.
Expert:  Cody replied 5 months ago.
Are you logging into a computer or server?Can you login under another administrator account and reset the password ***** the admin account?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
logging into nas directly from laptop
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Other administrators can login but cannot see user/group panels....
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
nas is lg n2a2
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i do have it background... don't know what just happened here... is somebody there?
Expert:  Cody replied 5 months ago.
Can you try a different browse to see if user/groups show up?Chrome or FireFox.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
used both ie and chrome already
Expert:  Cody replied 5 months ago.
Is this fairly new, do you have data already on it? Could browse to data and copy it off, then reset the nas to factory default.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
yes, if that's my only option. Just don't feel i should have to pay for the jackhammer answer
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
yes, there is data
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Cody, are you seeing my responses?
Expert:  Cody replied 5 months ago.
can you open a command prompt and try to telnet to the device? telnet or whatever the IP address is, you may need to install telnet client on your computer by going to control panel --> programs and features --> add features
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I just unsubscribe do. Thats not a fair or even understandable response to my question. I do not expect to be charged and will file fraud charge if my card is used!
Expert:  Cody replied 5 months ago.
If you had follow up questions I would be happy to provide more in depth instructions. I'll seen in the refund request.