Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Computers, Mobile devices and Networks

I have been asked by a friend to buy an 1phone son.

Customer Question

I have been asked by a friend to buy an 1phone for his son. His son is a junior in high school. I don't mind doing that. My concern is setting it up. I certainly don't want to be stuck paying for the phone and maintaining it.
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.
Hi there and welcomeIf you purchase the phone and contract that comes with it Andy, you will be liable for the costs as you would be the one owning the phone contract and the phone.I would advise you to either have your friend purchase it and avoid getting involved or you could purchase an unlocked (contract free) phone and a prepaid phone card (so you pre purchase it with credit).You can get an unlocked iPhone hereClick me to openAnd a prepaid plan hereClick me to openJust make sure to get a prepaid plan compatible with an iPhone (it tells you this next to the package)If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you