IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I have converted my slideshow into a video. But the videos

Customer Question

I have converted my slideshow into a video. But the videos inserted within it will not play completely. Can you help?
Category: Software
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 7 months ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.Which program are you using for the video?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Power DVD Point Lite.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Previously, I used Moviemaker, but the screen was black as the whole video played out.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 7 months ago.
Hello! My name is***** am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.It looks like the previous Expert is not available any more. I can continue assisting you.If the converted video is black, your computer is most likely missing video codecs. To solve the problem, please install a free program called K-Lite Codec Pack. Here is a direct link: DOWNLOAD Install it using recommended options. You will also get a new player called Media Player Classic that is able to play all video and audio formats. You can play the converted video with it, or you can continue using the previous player. Let me know if the problem is solved. Thanks,IT Miro
Expert:  IT Miro replied 7 months ago.
Hello again!I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.Thanks,IT Miro
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I cannot send in my presentation with this format.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I need to create a mpg, avi, or wmv video format from my slide show. Which software is good and free?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 7 months ago.
Hello again! There are several programs that can convert a PowerPoint slideshow into a video file; however, the fastest and free way of doing that is directly from the PowerPoint itself. Microsoft PowerPoint allows creating a .wmv file from a slideshow. Here is how to do it: 1. Open a slideshow with PowerPoint by right-clicking on a slideshow file and selecting "New" from the context menu2. When the PowerPoint program opens, click on "File" and then "Save & Send"3. On the left side, under "File Types", click on "Create a Video"4. Finally, click on the "Create Video" button5. The process may take a few minutes. You can see the status on the Status Bar at the bottom6. When done, your video can be opened with any video player Let me know if you were able to follow the instructions. Regards,IT Miro
Expert:  IT Miro replied 7 months ago.
See the image here: IMAGE
Expert:  IT Miro replied 6 months ago.
Hello again!I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.If you don't require further assistance, please take a moment to rate my assistance by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page.Thanks,IT Miro