Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have vast experience with configuring & repairing and utilizing software.Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

How to fix Windows 7 Vista as will not allow me to Netfile

Customer Question

How to fix Windows 7 Vista as will not allow me to Netfile income tax with Ufile. What can I do to fix this
Category: Software
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. It would be quicker and simpler, and far more effective if I connect to your computer via a secure remote session, so I can see the problem in person and resolve it directly. Would you like to try a secure remote session, or would you prefer to have me try and guide you via written support? Dustin S.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
would prefer to have you guide me thru written support
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
All right, I need to ask more question then. Is this the specific website you are having issues with>? http://www.ufile.ca/ Also, when you try to file what browser are you using? And what exactly happens when you try to file?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is the revenue canada website that is not accepting this when I click on NETFILE in the Ufile 2015 program.
When I try to Netfile the taxes I get a message: Rejected - The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error ocurred on a receive.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I called revenue canada and they told me this was the first year that it is not accepting Window Vista and suggested I call Window Vista to see what they could
do but could not find a contact for WindowsVista
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry, Using Internet Explorer
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Theres no way they can block Vista, but the old version of internet explorer that Vista runs, is probably what is blocked. I suggest you download the free web browser called firefox, install firefox. Then launch firefox and go to the ufile site.. Sign in, and then try to efile using firefox.. You can download firefox from here. https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/ The newest version of firefox can run on vista, and the newest version of firefox works fine with the ufile site. try to use firefox and file, and let me know what happens, good or bad! I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I must go out now, have downloaded firefox & tried but it did not work, I will try again later and will let you know later. thanks
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Just tried one more time before going out and it did not go thru using firefox either, any other suggestions. Leaving now, will check for answer when I return home.
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
I had offered to connect and work on the issue directly... As currently I am working in the blind ~ If youd like to try that, when you get back in let me know. Dustin S