Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.

I want to connect an Apple 23 inch Cinema HD Display monitor

Customer Question

I want to connect an Apple 23 inch Cinema HD Display monitor to my PC, Windows 7 (64 bit). What do I need to do? What connections do I have to make? Where can I get the driver software?
Category: Software
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 6 months ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please confirm the model of your Apple 23" Cinema HD Display, such as M9178LL/A? Please check at the back of the Apple display.And what is the model of your PC? Does the PC have a VGA port, or DVI port, or HDMI port?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
- The USB cable is not for the display connection. The USB cable is for enabling the USB ports on the Apple display.- Your Apple 23" Cinema HD Display should have a DVI port. You would get an DVI cable (for a few dollars from your local computer store or online), and connect it from the PC to the Apple display, then it will work. You do not need any driver software.; Note: If your PC does not have a DVI port, then you will also need to get a DVI-to-VGA adapter or a DVI-to-HDMI adapter, which is a few dollars also.- For more details, please answer my questions in my previous reply above.When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,