Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

Where should I save the digia2.ocx file?

Customer Question

Category: Software
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 7 months ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I am an independent technology expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. It is my pleasure to assist you today.It looks as though you saved the OCX file to the correct location; however, did you also register it? If not, you will need to do so. Open your command prompt, and then type in: regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\Digia2.ocx. Press ENTER.That *should* take care of the issue. Please post back to confirm!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Nope. After registering I still get the same message: "Please check the Digia2.ocx installation. Current version 1.0.1.0" I'm also getting a message "Internet Explorer has blocked intstallation of ActiveX controll. So I click "Install" and then I get a message saying there is a problem with the file Digia2.cab, unkown publisher. I go through the process of adding the unsigned certificate, but nothing is working. I think I'm going to have to upgrade the DVR in order to get this to work with versions of IE greater than IE8.
Let's try this, if you haven't already:Make sure the website in question has been added to your "Trusted Sites" list.In Internet Explorer, click Tools, click Internet Options, and then click the Security tab.In the Select a Web content zone to specify its current security settings box, click Trusted Sites, and then click Sites.If you want to add sites that do not require an encrypted channel, click to clear the Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone check box.In the Add this Web site to the zone box, type the URL of a site that you trust, and then click Add.Repeat these steps for each site that you want to add to the zone.Click OK two times to accept the changes and return to Internet Explorer.Browse to internet Explorer -> Tools -> Internet Options -> Security tab ->Trusted sites ->Custom Level, and check "prompt" under "Download unsigned activex controllers."Does that help at all?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I added the unsecured (http) version of the site to my Trusted Sites list and unchecked the Require server verification box. I already had the box checked to prompt to "Download unsigned ActiveX Controllers".
Still isn't working. Its still squawking about the Digia2.cab file, which I can't find anywhere on the hd, though it does let me view and install the certificate. See attached screen shots.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your persisting issues. Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check the problem and fix it while you watch?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess