Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have vast experience with configuring & repairing and utilizing software.Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Error code 0xc000000f. SESSION1_INITIALIZATION_FAILEDPCcould't

Customer Question

Error code 0xc000000f. SESSION1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED
PCcould't start properly
A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed
You'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any installation media (like a disc or UBSdrive) contact your administrator or PC / device manufacturer
Category: Software
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. What version of windows do you have on this computer? And also, whats the full name brand and model of the computer?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Windows 10. Inspiron 3847
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Thank you. Do you have any cell phones, ipods, ipads, USB drives, anything at all connected to this computer? if so, disconnect everything, including any sd cards.. Any type of cord or device. ( including a mouse or keyboard ) Once everything is disconnected, Shut the computer down. Unplug its power cord.. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds.. Then plug it back in and try to turn it on. Does it still give the same error with everything except the monitor and power cord disconnected? Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
That would be great however I cant initiate my computer. How can you connect?
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
The offer for remote support, is an automated system offer. It wont work for you and I unless we get the computer going~ So please ignore that offer, and instead read the st eps Im suggesting below and then carry them out, and let me know the outcome. Thank you. Do you have any cell phones, ipods, ipads, USB drives, anything at all connected to this computer? if so, disconnect everything, including any sd cards.. Any type of cord or device. ( including a mouse or keyboard ) Once everything is disconnected, Shut the computer down. Unplug its power cord.. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds.. Then plug it back in and try to turn it on. Does it still give the same error with everything except the monitor and power cord disconnected? Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Same
Recovery
Your PC couldn't start properly
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Ok, before the recovery screen.. Lets try hitting the f1 f2 escape delete or f10 keys.. You have to press one of those keys within half a second of pressing power in order to enter the bios settings screen. When you hit the bios settings screen, we want to restore defaults and then save settings and exit. Then try to boot again.. if it still doesnt work, your going to need a windows 7 install disk so we can copy over some needed files to repair the issue, or reinstall / repair windows.. Dustin S.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm on the main bios screen however I do not see the restore defaults
Patio Setup Utility screen
Main Advanced Boot Power Securtiy Exit
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Towards the top or the borders of the screen, it should list some of the F keys and what they do.. One of the f keys should restore defaults. Though, it may be an option on the security or exit tabs.. Youll have to look around for it.. But its there. In the meantime, while your on the main and advanced and espeically the boot pages.. On the boot page, what does it list exactly by name, as your first boot device?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
F1 General help f9 load default F 10 save and exit
Boot page.
1st Boot Device. [Internal HDD Device]
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Exit pageSave Changes and Reset
Discard Changes and Reset
Load
Defaults
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
F9 is the load default we want. Then, we want to save and exit. And then see if it will boot.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Did it however ran into same responce
Recovery
Your PC couldn't start properly
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Ok, then we need a windows 7 install disk.. ( a recovery disk wont work, unless you want to reinstall winows ) With a windows 7 install disk, we can copy some files using the recovery console and fix the issue. Other wise, we will need to reinstall windows.. Do you have a windows 7 install disk? And do you know exactly what version of windows 7 you have on your machine, such as windows 7 home, windows 7 professional, etc ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Don't have a windows 7 install disc. Not sure of the version. I think home
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Question, do you have impotant files or pictures on the machine you need to save? Or, would your main priority be to simply get the computer working again? Also, if you look on the back or bottom of your machine, you may see the microsoft windows sticker with your product key. On that sticker, it should say whether you have windows 7 home, professional, etc
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Nothing important. Priority get the system running. Yes. Windows 7 home
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Thank you. Do you have another pc that we can create a windows recovery disk with? If so, what version of windows is on that computer?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No this is the only PC
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
In that case, do you have a mac? Im asking because, its free to create a working windows 7 install disk if you have a pc or mac with a cd burner.. Other wise, well have to purchase an install disk
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Just i pads w/0 discs
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What exactly will I need to purchase and can I get it from a Staples?
Thanks for your help
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
Y ou may be able to get a windows 7 install disk from Staples or best Buy, I say maybe because thats an older version of windows that they may not carry.. if they do, they will charge around 100$ A better bet, is to purchase a recovery disk such as this one http://amzn.to/1XBS6sV which is low cost and will allow you to reinstall windows.. To use the disk,, you would go back into the bios.. Go into the boot section, change it so it boots from the cd drive first.. Save settings and exit Then insert the cd, restart the computer.. And it should boot from it and allow you to reinstall windows, or recover or repair install windows from that disk. You cant beat the price, as even online the cheapest copy of windows 7 home you will find is around 50$ If you have further questions, let me know. I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.
I havent heard back from you in a few days.. Did you still need help with this issue? Thank you for your response! Dustin S.