Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have vast experience with configuring & repairing and utilizing software.Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

On a new Microsoft Surface I installed Adboe Creative Cloud

Customer Question

On a new Microsoft Surface I installed Adboe Creative Cloud and then ID that I use for a newsletter. I use clipped text from files attached to email. This time the articles can be opened in Word and Acrobat, but when I try to clip text into ID it comes out as lines of gray image..not readable or changeable. Have copied the files in various forms, but when clip to ID draft file get the same result. Please advise. I uninstalled ID and reinstalled it thinking that might help. Please help.
Category: Software
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
Hello Gwen, my name is ***** ***** Justanswer. Would you like me to connect to your Surface from here and repair the issue directly, if so please accept the offer Ive sent you for remote support. Other wise, if you would prefer I assist you via written help only.. How long ago was it that your ability to clip . copy and paste into indesign, was last working?
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
To get started, I need to know what version of windows you have installed on your MS Surface. Windows 8 or Windows 10 ? Also, does the issue only happen when you try to add / clip text or files into indesign? Or, if you try to clip from word to adobe or any other program, does the issue also occur?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Clipping a copy of text to place in an Indesign file is not working. The clip turns into rough gray lines, not text of any kind and not editable. I have tried several different text formats and none of them work. jpg files and other image files work just as usual. I sent two emails explaining with an attached copy of the small newsletter I prepare as a volunteer for a nonprofit environmental local Sierra Club. I haven't had problems with other programs, can't tell if there is something in the InDesign program that I don't know how to reach, or outside it. I could print a sheet with clipped text to show you the image I get when I try to clip text into a Adobe InDesign file.
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.
Lets try this step first.. In indesign we need to locate Preferences > Clipboard Handling Where it says "When Pasting Text and Tables from Other Applications" make sure the "All Information.." button is checked, then try again. If your still having issues, lets try this next.. Start with indesign closedhold down Control-Alt-Shift on your keyboard while you start IndesignWhile the program starts up, keep the keys held down until the splash screen appears along with an alert offering to "Delete InDesign Preferences File?". Release the keys and click Yes. InDesign will complete the boot-up process with fresh, clean Preferences Let me know if either one of these steps helps, or if you need further assistance with this error. I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I never heard back from you since you viewed my reply. Did you still need help with this issue? Thank you for your response, Dustin S.