Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

222mk, I use Dreamweaver CC 2015 and have just downloaded and

Customer Question

I use Dreamweaver CC 2015 and have just downloaded and installed MAMP. Could you connect to my computer using Teamviewer and then transfer my existing wordpress website (I already have my wordpress website backup zip files) so that I can start using my Dreamweaver to edit my wordpress website?
​Here's Adobe's video tutorial: How To Set Up WordPress in Dreamweaver : Adobe Dreamweaver Team Blog​
Category: Software
Expert:  databank876 replied 7 months ago.
Hello Shiv.I can set up WordPress using MAMP. In order to allow me to access your computer, please initiate a remote assistance request.
Or simply accept the remote assistance offer below.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Using Teamviewer you can connect for MAMP. I can send you login numbers.
>simply accept the remote assistance offer below.
No additional offer please..
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Did you watch this: Here's Adobe's video tutorial: How To Set Up WordPress in Dreamweaver : Adobe Dreamweaver Team Blog​
We no longer use TeamViewer to do remote connections. JustAnswer has implemented its own secure remote assistance software that does the same job as TeamViewer in addition to recording the session in case any issues arise later. You will still be able to see all that I am doing.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
>to recording the session
Other experts have used Teamviewer before. I have Teamviewer installed on my computer. As you know it is a freeware.
I know it is freeware and we used to use TeamViewer in the past. We have been advised by JustAnswer to discontinue using that software and instead utilize their application. If you do not wish to go that route, I will opt out and let someone else help you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
"If you do not wish to go that route
What route? I will need to install the same remote software, is n't it? I am not concerned about any remote software you want to use.
You will not need to install anything. I will send you a link for you to go to. You simply download the file and run it. Once my computer sees you have run the file, it will automatically connect to your computer.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
> it will automatically connect to your computer.
New to me because in my experience HP as well as microsoft tech support connected my computer using a software that I had to install on my computer.
Anyway, what preparation must I do before you connect. I have MAMP installed. I have Dreamweaver CC2015, which has a built-in FTP. All files and folders of my wordpress website are shown by the same FTP. Two days ago, I did the backup of my said wordpress site using a wordpress plugin.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Godaddy.com is my host server.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Have you ever used Dreamwever to edit an existing wordpress site?
You have already installed MAMP. You will need to download the WordPress installation files from https://wordpress.org/
You have also already backed up WordPress, so that is good.As for Dreamweaver, I have not used that software in years.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
>ou will need to download the WordPress installation files from https://wordpress.org/
Must I do the above even though I already have my existing wordpress website?>ou have also already backed up WordPress, so that is good.
Should I backup again now to ensure everything is the latest backup?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I use updraftPlus - Backup/Restore plugin on my wordpress website.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Everything is backed up at my dropbox.
Yes, even though you already have an existing WordPress website, a local installation on your machine is needed so that you can see how the site exactly looks through MAMP as you edit it. You can also backup your posts, etc. again using the Tools -> Export function on your live WordPress site.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am currently downloading WordPress (Version 4.5) zip file.
Since everything is backed up to Dropbox, the files can be copied from the backup to the installation directory. Do you have Dropbox installed on your computer and have it linked to the backup? That would make copying the files a lot easier.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
>using the Tools -> Export function on your live WordPress site.
Using the above instruction, I am dowloading .xml file now.
Ok.
Before we continue, are you going to accept the remote assistance offer?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
>Dropbox installed on your computer
Yes, I have Dropbox installed on my computer. currently, I am backing up my wordpress site using the updraftPlus - Backup/Restore plugin
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
>remote assistance offer?
I did not know I must pay for it. As you might know, I have an unlimited subscription account with Justanswer (JA told me that if any additional offer is displayed, just decline). Is it going to cause you problem now?
Based on the price you are paying for the question, I sent you the additional service request. I was unaware that you had a subscription. No problem. We can proceed.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
You are nice. Thanks. I never know what price JA offer to you. It must be small, it appears. Since I am allowed to post unlimited questions, I can post more questions for you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
xml file from export selection and wordpress-4.5.zip from wordpress site are now downloaded. Currently, backup to dropbox is in progress.
You are welcome. We earn a percentage of what you pay for the question, so unless customers click on the 3 to 5 stars to rate us, we do not get paid.Anyway, that is how it is.Now, does the backup process show how much longer before it will be finished?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
You will get 5 stars!
That's great, thanks.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Last time I did backup it took about 10 minutes. Unfortunately, the said plugin does not display percentage completion progress bar.
Ok, I hope it will soon finish. My shift ends at 10:30 p.m. and I want to have everything up and running before then.In the meantime, this is the link you must click on to download the remote assistance file: http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=2d534c00-d89b-476e-9c47-a37bf3e892faOnce it has been downloaded, run it and I will then be able to connect to your computer.I will go ahead and install WordPress while we wait on the download to finish.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK. Thanks. Time here is: 9:50 pm.
Same time here.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Are you online? 11:13 pm Sunday.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Monday, 2:20 pm. I will be online again after 9 pm?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Are you online? 9:11 pm
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello, are you online? 4/20/16 4:50 pm.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Still waiting. Please help.