Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years

I have a message, supposedly from Microsoft saying something

Customer Question

I have a message, supposedly from Microsoft saying something to the effect that my computer has crashed and I must call this number. I can not get it off of my computer. My computer seems to working well, however, I did have someone hack my e-mail several months ago. Is this real and what can be done about it?
Thanks, *****
McAfee serial #48F6EZXYZ (I think?)
Category: Software
Expert:  Rath replied 6 months ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question. Your browser seems to have been hijacked by a malware that's showing up this rogue alert/message - this was NOT sent by Microsoft. May I set up a quick, secure remote session to check the issue now? Please reply back using the box below. Thank you.
Expert:  Rath replied 6 months ago.
Please disregard any remote assistance offer if it shows up on your screen, and reply back to me below. The remote session will come at NO extra charge, and will allow me to connect directly to your screen and check the malware issue for you. Keep me posted.