Dan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  25 Years working with computer troubleshooting and networking. Comp TIA A-Plus Certified.

My computer is Dell, Windows Vista. I have photoshop CS5

Customer Question

My computer is Dell, Windows Vista. I have photoshop CS5 12.0.4, Bridge CS5 4.0.5, Camera raw 6.7. I recently bought a Nikon D750. After uploading photos to my computer that were recorded in raw (NEF), neither Bridge nor photoshop will open these. Please give me your advice on a good (best?) solution.
Category: Software
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I look forward to assisting you today. Go to this LINK and install the CODEC pack. That may help you to open your RAW photos. Let me know if you need further assistance.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
After downloading, I got a window that my system does not support the download (or something similar. Do I need to upgrade from Windows Vista? If so how should I do that seamlessly (not lose photos, programs, etc.)? Do you have a more simple solution?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Or do I need to get Photoshop CS6 installed?
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Go to this LINK and try GIMP instead of Photoshop. It is a very powerful editing program and best of all, it is free. Vista might be a problem, but let's try a couple of things first.